Machine Operators NC
Location: Hendersonville, North Carolina Department: Production (2nd and 3rd shift)
Haynes Wire is the wire draw facility of Haynes International (HI). Haynes is one of the world’s largest developers of high-performance nickel and cobalt based alloys. Drawing weld wire from these alloys is the cornerstone of our operations. It’s what has earned us a reputation as a world-class manufacturer. What exactly does wiredrawing mean? It involves the careful process of passing wire through a series of holes (or dies) in a machine to make it thinner.
You will be responsible for setting up the machine, stringing the wire onto the machine, operating it, inspecting the wire, and clean-up. You will adjust parts on the machine and operate tools.
Role Qualifications: Required & Preferred)
H.S. or GED preferred but not necessary.
Prior experience working in manufacturing environment, working wth large industrial or automotive equipment (P).
Areas of Knowledge:
Industrial or automotive machines.
Be able to understand basic English. Ability to speak fluent English is not necessary. Attention to detail and ability to check your own work for accuracy. Operate hoists, pulleys and guides. Knowledge of micrometer, small hand tools and wire welder machine for fuse/butt welding
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
- A desire to learn and get better each day.
- Some experience working within a manufacturing facility.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to check your own work for accuracy.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Be able to understand basic English. Ability to speak fluent English is not necessary.