Department: Finance Location: Kokomo, IN
Maintain the integrity of specific functions to comply with GAAP and in management, valuation, and control of plant assets including (but not limited to) inventory, equipment, land and buildings.
Role Qualifications: (Required & Preferred)
B.S. Degree in Business or Accounting (R)
Minimum of 1-2 years in General or Cost Accounting (P)
Areas of Knowledge:
Clear understanding of accounting principles (R)
PC Spreadsheets-Excel (R), Proficient in Microsoft Access (P), Proficient on 10 key calculator (R), Good analytical, organization, and communication skills (R), able to work well with others (R)
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
- Safety and Environmental: Establish and maintain a safe work environment and safe work habits.
Quality: Complete areas of accountability with professionalism and in pressured time frames.
Productivity: Analyze and streamline areas of accountability to work as efficiently as possible.
Cost/Stewardship: Seek efficiency in all areas of accountablity.
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Review and track all raw and scrap material transactions including PPV, special order, reconciling, and monthly closing.
2. Handle all quarterly and yearly fixed asset reports for SOX and tax purposes.
3. Assist with SOX and audit requests.
4. Review and ending of production orders to ensure the accuracy of Semi-Finished and WIP inventories.
5. Handle all fixed asset additions, transfers, disposals, and retirements.
6. Review capital invoices for tax purposes and review the weekly PO listing for potential capital expenditures.
7. Assist with annual physical inventories.
8. Cycle count physical inventories of fixed assets, service center and Kokomo finished goods inventories.