Charter – Sustainability Steering Committee
- The purpose of the Sustainability Steering Committee (the “Committee”) is to further integrate sustainability into our strategy and operations.
- The committee will assist the Board of Directors in fulfilling the Board’s oversight responsibilities with respect to the Company’s sustainability efforts.
- The Sustainability Steering Committee is an integral part of the ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) process at Haynes. The Committee meets regularly and reviews our sustainability progress and priorities, and ensuring accountability at all levels of our organization.
- The Committee will be comprised of at least one member from each functional area who is at a senior level and can solicit resources within their functional area for added expertise on specific issues.
- The CEO shall appoint the members of the committee.
- The CEO shall appoint the committee chair that will set the agendas and direction.
- Committee members may identify short-term sub-committees for specific sustainability topics.
- The Sustainability Steering Committee is a long-term commitment as it is the intention of management to build ESG as a process rather than a project.
- The Committee will meet regularly throughout the year.
- The Committee may request any officer or employee of the company, outside legal counsel, the external auditor or any person or group with relevant experience or expertise to attend meetings of the Committee or to meet with any members or consultants to the Committee.
- The members may be requested to attend a meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Set the tone and develop a culture within the Company regarding sustainability, promote open discussion, and promote integration of ESG management into the Company’s processes and goals.
- Develop and approve disclosures that will be shared publicly, updating as needed based on ISS ratings, changing conditions or assessments.
- Develop and approve sustainability type programs and process changes to meet established goals.
- The CEO and the Committee Chair will provide an update to the Board of Directors regularly on the status of the sustainability process, actions taken by the Sustainability Steering Committee, and the latest public scoring for the ESG categories.